Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Man Vs Food Challenge - The Chicago Super Market



I just need to get something off of my chest after my experience at the Chicago SuperMarket off of Buford Hwy in Atlanta, GA. I am calling out to Adam Richmond, eating champion of one of my favorite TV shows Man Vs Food, to propose a challenge to him for a taco eating contest at the Chicago Supermarket in Atlanta, GA off of Buford Hwy.

The challenge: 20 Tacos in 20 minutes. I will not participate in such a fiasco (I could probably take down 10 though, easy), but if anyone can do it, it is you my friend. We need you to put this place on the map. The tacos aren't that big, but man, they are tasty. The combination of the authentic mexican spices coupled with their home made, grilled corn tortillas is out of this world. I can’t wait to hear how you describe it on your show, so eloquently filled with wonderful adjectives. Not only will you be impressed with their friendly and hospital service, but you will get the opportunity to dabble in some complimentary fried pork skins for dessert. Nothing says dessert like fried pork skins. I think you’d agree my friend.

I know the odds of this message finding you is slim to none, but I am a eating contest believer and truly understand the power of this vast ocean we call the Internet; but if it does find you in good health please email me at MichaelMedwed@gmail.com so we can make this place famous. While you're in town, we can hit up the Vortex too. We’ll do a round or two of the blue shroom burgers with some tots. Also, I know you went to college in Atlanta. Have you ever been to 3 Dollar cafĂ© for wings? My treat if you come here.

Thanks,
Michael

PS-No idea why it's called the Chicago Super Market. But I can investigate. There is nothing Chicago about this place.


2 comments:

  1. Michael, do not sell your self short. I know that you can eat 20 of these measly tacos in 20 minutes. I have seen you eat more food in a sitting than i thought was humanly possible. I am def going to try this place out. Great review. You sold me

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is truth to what you say. God blessed me with a wonderful gift. Yes, I can do this challenge, probably in 18 minutes if I wanted to. The truth is that I didn't want to show up Adam Richmond out of respect. He is a hero of mine.

    ReplyDelete